3 WINS Fitness is a student-driven organization. Your involvement is an integral part in your success, growth, and happiness in this community. Our goal is to create a quality program with quality instructors and prospective leaders.
In light of the current events that surround COVID-19, we are currently operating 100% ONLINE. While we may not be on site, we still aim to engage our students, staff, and communities in lifelong physical fitness. Our mechanism to accomplish this task is our 365 Journey to Health and Back to Basics (B2B) program.
This is the PERFECT time for you to get involved to differentiate yourself from your KIN peers, gain valuable transferable skills such as public speaking, have the opportunity to receive a strong letter of recommendation, gain applicable experience in the field of Kinesiology, and improve your resume!
Ready to take the next steps? Review the following requirements to join our 3 WINS Family!
All Staff Requirements
- You are a Kinesiology student at California State University, Northridge
**Community College Kinesiology students are welcomed**
- Maintain or have graduated with at least a 2.75 GPA
- Attend weekly Zoom staff meetings on Mondays from 8-9 AM
- Attend weekly exercise Zoominars for participants:
Tuesdays from 7-8 PM (English Speaking Participants)
Thursdays from 7-8 PM (Spanish Speaking Participants)
Please note, you do NOT need to speak Spanish to join Thursday meetings
- Complete an Instructor Competency Exam that is administered during the first 3 weeks of the semester. Testing details will be provided at the first meeting of the semester. Staff who have passed the exam in a prior semester are exempt.
- After completing the Instructor Competency Exam, you will be paired up with 1 or more participants as their Accountability Partner. You will be required to follow up with your participant(s) via Zoom. Frequency and duration of Zoom calls will be established by you and your participant(s).
- Recruit and retain a minimum of 2 participants. This will require communication between you and them to ensure your recruits are receiving instructions, guidance and education to help them accomplish their SMART goals which are tied to the hopes and dreams they have for their health as a result of you bringing them into the program. These participants can be friends, relatives, or members of any organization such as your church, work, community group.
- You will be added to our 365 Journey to Health Mailchimp list upon approval of your application.
New Staff Requirements
If you are a first time applicant or you were previously involved with 3 WINS Fitness from Spring 2019 or earlier, you will need to upload the following on our online application:
- Resume (2 page maximum)
- 250-word cover letter detailing why you want to join 3 WINS Fitness
- Degree Progress Report (CSUN Students Only)
Next, we want you to clear your schedule for the following time slots:
Staff Meetings via Zoom
MONDAYS: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Exercise & Family Meetings via Zoom
TUESDAYS: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
THURSDAYS: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
* If you require academic internship credit (CSUN Juniors and Seniors only), please note there is a minimum hour requirement that must be fulfilled to receive credit for KIN 494:
For 1 unit, 45 hours need to be logged
For 2 units, 90 hours need to be logged
For 3 units, 135 hours need to be logged
Now, identify what position(s) you would like to pursue in our program from:
1) Adult Group Exercise Instructor
2) Leadership position (Program Director, Exercise Director)**
Regardless of your position and status in the program, intern or volunteer, this program is like any other internship, volunteership, or job. We do our best to accommodate with your schedules, but we ask that you commit to the days you declare your availability, show up on time, and engage in the program. You need to create YOUR story. The one that YOU will tell to your interviewer for grad school, a job, or other post-grad programs. Simply showing up and writing “3 WINS Fitness” on your resume will not differentiate yourself, nor will it grant you a quality letter of recommendation. Control your destiny!
**Returning staff from the previous semester only.
All Ready? Complete the following steps to apply TODAY!
Complete our Online Application TODAY!
While we are not requiring CPR certifications for the FALL 2020 semester, if you are certified be sure to have a SCANNED or DIGITAL copy of your CPR certification handy as you will be asked to upload it on our application.
If you are NEW to 3 WINS Fitness or were involved Spring 2019 or later you will need to upload the following items on our application:
- 2-page MAX (1-page preferred) resume
- 250 word cover letter of detailing why you want to be a part of 3 WINS Fitness.
- Degree Progress Report* (DPR) - CSUN Students Only
NOTE: Upon completion of your application and placement at a site, you will be scheduled to interview with Dr. Steven Loy.
If you have any questions, email: email@example.com
*CSUN students only. To generate a DPR, login to your CSUN portal > click on the Academics tab > scroll down and on the right hand side click on Degree Progress Report/Planner > Request Audit.