3 WINS Fitness is a student-driven organization. Your involvement is an integral part in your success, growth, and happiness in this community. Our goal is to create a quality program with quality instructors and prospective leaders. Currently, we are pushing forward to expand our program across the country to George Washington University in September. Our goal is to have a minimum of 10 KIN instructors and 100 participants at each of our 6 locations. This is the PERFECT time for you to get involved to differentiate yourself from your KIN peers, gain valuable transferrable skills such as public speaking, have the opportunity to receive a strong letter of recommendation, gain applicable experience in the field of Kinesiology, and improve your resume!
Ready to take the next steps? Review the following requirements to join our 3 WINS Family!
1) You are a Kinesiology student at California State University, Northridge
**Community College Kinesiology students are welcome**
2) You hold a current CPR certification (First Aid/AED is a preferred)
3) You will attend a mandatory staff training for each semester you are involved
FALL 2019 TRAINING: SATURDAY, SEPT. 7 @ CSUN | 7:30-11:30 AM
4) You will maintain a 2.75 GPA (current students) or graduated with at least a 2.75 GPA.
5) You are motivated to make a difference in your community
6) A 2-page MAX (1-page preferred) resume, DPR, and 250 word cover letter of why you want to be a part of 3 WINS Fitness that will be submitted to Dr. Steven Loy.
*NOTE: Hardcopy only. Any errors will result in a rejection of your application but you have the opportunity to make corrections and immediately re-apply.
7) Upon review of your application, you may be invited for an interview with Dr. Loy that will be required to join our team!
*NOTE: Interviews do not guarantee a position.
If you are interested in receiving academic internship credit for KIN 494, you must fulfill 1-7 above as well as complete additional paperwork and assignments as part of the 494 class.
Next, we want you to clear your mornings for one of the following time slots:
Monday | Wednesday | Friday: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Tuesday | Thursday | Friday: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
We encourage you to be available for all three days of programming as this will maximize your growth, potential, and experience. However, if your school course load does not allow you to commit to all 3 days, and you require internship credit (CSUN Juniors and Seniors only), please note there is a minimum hour requirement that must be fulfilled to receive credit for KIN 494:
For 1 unit, 45 hours need to be logged
For 2 units, 90 hours need to be logged
For 3 units, 135 hours need to be logged
Now, identify what position(s) you would like to pursue in our program from:
1) Adult Group Exercise Instructor (Let’s Get Moving, Active Lifestyle, Performance Groups)
2) Champions For Life Instructor (Falls Prevention Group)
3) Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Instructor
*Note: This position requires involvement in at least 1 other position listed and is limited to select locations.
4) Research Team
5) Leadership position (Program Director, Exercise Director, CFL Director, DPP Director)
Regardless of your position and status in the program, intern or volunteer, this program is like any other internship, volunteership, or job. We do our best to accommodate with your schedules, but we ask that you commit to the days you declare your availability, show up on time, and engage in the program. You need to create YOUR story. The one that YOU will tell to your interviewer for grad school, a job, or other post-grad programs. Simply showing up and writing “3 WINS Fitness” on your resume will not differentiate yourself, nor will it grant you a quality letter of recommendation. Control your destiny!
If you’re ready to get involved, APPLY HERE!
If you have any questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org